Must-have Digital Technologies for Optimizing CX in 2023
A digital-first approach is a key marketing aspect in 2023, as it empowers companies to reach and engage with customers through various digital channels. The majority of customers expect quick and convenient access to information and services. Hence, digital channels can help companies advance customer satisfaction, stay ahead of competitors, and drive growth. In this article, let’s study the top ten must-have digital technologies for optimizing CX in 2023. By embracing these ten tools and technologies, companies can increase the quality of customer service without increasing costs.
- Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS)
CCaaS is a cloud-based solution that allows companies to use the software provided by a CCS provider. It is another option for an on-premises call center and bundles an entire communication solution fixated on scalable customer experience. By lowering the amount of technology, companies can reduce the requirement for internal IT support. Due to the ability to pay for the essential technology in a consumption model, they can provide better service to their clients with minimum investment. It will also empower companies to provide an omnichannel communication strategy while delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Marketing automation software
This type of software helps companies send messages to their target customers based on their purchase history, demographics, and interests. It is user-friendly and can create campaigns with just one click. It has a streamlined user interface and drag-and-drop components which is very much the same as the other apps being used nowadays. With the support of this software, all types of companies can develop and execute marketing campaigns quickly and effortlessly. So companies can reduce their time consumption for customer service so that they can focus on solving critical issues.
Benefits of Marketing Automation Software
- Better customer experience
- Cross-channel marketing campaigns
- Full control of customer interactions
- Value-added accountability in the workplace
- Increased lead-to-sale conversion rates
- Marketing and sales alignment
- More space for creativity
- Smooth customer service
- Customized marketing strategies
- Precise reporting
- Reduces staffing expenses
Chatbots work with the support of AI to have conversations with human customers via the internet. Companies have developed various chatbots for customer support activities and large number of brands have invested to Chatbots to improve their customer experience. Several firms, due to the ability of chatbots to respond to client inquiries, have installed on their websites to meet modern consumer needs.
Benefits of Chatbots
- More generated leads and increased sales
- Better customer insights with 24/7 availability
- Better user experience because of multilingual support
- Enhances operational efficiency
- Cuts expenses to businesses while giving convenience to customers
- Customer relationship management (CRM) systems
Managing customer relationships is one of the key technologies that provide a great experience to companies. It assists customer-centric companies by placing customers at the centre of the business with proper strategy and plans. Technology nowadays can improve human potential by having the proper CRM technology and tools that are capable of doing the processes and helping people to focus on their priorities requiring human touch. A CRM system empowers companies to keep track of all types of data related to customer interactions. It also helps companies handle their pipeline, discover opportunities, and quantify the success of digital marketing campaigns.
Benefits of CRM
- Automated sales reports with more accurate sales forecasting
- Better customer service with increased sales
- Centralized database of information
- Higher productivity and efficiency with detailed analytics
- Streamlined internal communications
- Helps manage campaigns across sales and marketing
- Consistently generate quality leads and opportunities
- Customized customer experience
- Email marketing software
Email will always be an essential digital marketing component despite the fact that there are new online platforms being launched. It’s a recognized method of boosting customer acquisition and engagement. Email marketing software empowers companies to design and send customized email messages to their customers. With various types of messages such as product announcements, coupons, or information about upcoming events, it supports companies to track the success of their marketing campaigns. It also helps companies to identify the right customers that are likely to respond to particular types of offers.
Benefits of Email Marketing Software
- Collecting feedback and surveys
- Communicating with your audience
- Creating personalized content
- Generating traffic to your site
- Having a setting for self-promotion
- Producing cost-effective and timely campaigns
- Providing more value to your audience
- Reaching the right people at the right time
- Heightens Brand Awareness
- Minimize expenses for the promotion campaigns and overall business
- Mixed realities
Mixed realities, the combined forms of Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR), transform how customers and sales reps communicate and interact. Basic examples for this are virtual makeup applications and Snapchat or Instagram filters. In order to come up with a mixed reality experience, you don’t need to stress about physical hindrances, but you will be needing artificial intelligence and cloud computing. This technology will reimagine how sales reps or agents can interact with customers more effectively by adding more visual value to their communications. Companies can suggest better solutions with the support of an immersive visual user experience.
Sectors that need the support of Mixed Realities
- Construction and Engineering
Customer self-service portals have become an excellent section, as they enable customers to help themselves. Self-service technology puts a control power in our hands. It permits is to perform various tasks without needing the help of another human being and almost all of us come across self-service technology daily from digital touchpads that can take orders in restaurants to gas stations with credit card readers. Without any fair knowledge of technology, customers can easily browse through the knowledge base, use self-service tools, and contact customer support team if they want to know more details about products and services.
Benefits of Self-service
- It boosts website traffic.
- It advances agent productivity.
- It leverages personalised information.
- It decreases customer service costs.
- It imparts new skills to customers.
- It provides bigger customer retention
- 24/7 availability
- It heightens customer satisfaction
- Speech analytics
We can define speech analytics as a contact hub intelligence instrument that uses technologies such as audio analysis, data visualization, natural language processing and automatic speech recognition. It is widely used for automated surveys, letting customers respond to survey questions via call and extracting insights. Speech analytics can reveal keywords or themes that normally provoke certain feelings. With the support of speech analytics, companies can identify emotional signals, customers’ sentiments, and positive interactions.
Benefits of Speech Analytics
- Identifying customer needs and interests
- Offering personalized services
- Understanding customers better
- Supported training data and performance improvement
- Provides feedback to fasten up sales
- Customer experience management (CXM) systems
For the past years, companies have been prioritizing the relevance of managing cuthe stomer experience and software firms have been working on creating a CRM software to help businesses handle their customers. A CXM system goes beyond managing CRM. With the ability to collect feedback and data from all customer touchpoints, it can provide a holistic view of the customer experience. CXM focuses on the listening part and hotels, airlines and F&B industry are realizing its value to customer experience. CXM is driving growth for companies such as retail, CPG, media, technology, healthcare, and financial services. It can advance marketing campaigns, customer interactions, and website design.
Benefits of CXM
- Better customer engagement
- Higher customer retention
- Improved crisis management
- Increased brand equity
- Reduced costs of service and marketing
- Customer data platform (CDP)
A customer Data Platform (CDP) is a set of applications that works together to develop a unified permanent customer database. It helps a business to get to know their customers more. CDP’s main function is to construct an integrated client database that can at the same time address multiple downstream problems. This database will have an access to other applications. Data gathered from various sources is cleansed and merged to provide a comprehensive consumer profile. This data is subsequently accessible to other marketing platforms. With the support of the insights from the CDP, companies can predict customer behaviour and perform a host of tasks based on data.
Benefits of CDP
- Eliminating data silos
- Ensuring data protection and privacy
- Increasing operational efficiency
- Customized communication
- Systematize processes
- Come up with time-suitable marketing messages
- Heightens customer engagement
The above digital technologies can play a key role in the process of customer experience optimization. By leveraging these ten technologies, companies can improve their interactions with customers and enhance their customer experience. Nevertheless, companies should be aware of the appropriate technologies that will be able to reach and engage their target audience for their every promotion, since every type of promotion needs unique channels. And also companies should ensure that they have properly implemented these technologies for getting better results.